BIO: Michael Russer
“ED is the BEST thing that has ever happened to my intimate life!”
Beginning in September of 2011 Michael began a year-long personal transformation that included a diagnosis of prostate cancer, radical prostatectomy, follow up intensive radiation treatments and full blown impotence. He considers his resulting impotence to be one of the biggest blessings in his life. It is because of his impotence that he and his partner discovered an entirely new approach to experiencing levels of emotional and physical intimacy that far exceeds anything either experienced prior to when things were working “correctly”. It is his personal mission in life to serve other couples who struggle with emotional and physical intimacy due to ED, impotence or simply because they have lost their “spark” and use his communications skills to share what he has learned worldwide. Prior to this phase of his life, Michael was a highly regarded international speaker and author about technology. His media experience includes keynotes, radio and TV interviews, videos, articles for national publications and voice overs.
Media Contact Information » Phone: 805-280-8271 | Email: media@HeartOpenLLC.com | Fax: 775-360-4907
Sample Interview Questions
- Why do you say that ED is the best thing that ever happened to your intimate life?
- Is what you have to share just for couples struggling with ED or can other couples benefit as well?
- Why is living fully heart open and vulnerable a prerequisite to experiencing extraordinary emotional and physical intimacy?
- How is it possible to make love for hours –especially if you are fully impotent?
- You have said that it is much harder for normally functioning men to experience the deep levels of physical intimacy that you and your partner enjoy –why is that?
- You talk a lot about having mind blowing physical intimacy with your partner. What makes it so mind-blowing?
- So many couples today, whether dealing with ED or not, seem to struggle with intimacy issues. What insights do you have to share that can help them?
- Why is establishing deep emotional intimacy so important to enjoying the kind of extraordinary physical intimacy you talk about?
- Are you and your partner unique, or do other couples with ED have similar experiences?
- ED has a huge negative impact on most men’s self-image, yet you don’t seem to be suffering at all with that stigma –why is that?
- Most couples consider ED as a horrible curse, yet you say it’s been a huge blessing for you and your partner. How do you help others struggling with it to see it that way?
- How important is communication about intimacy between couples, with or without ED in the picture?
- Would you go back to being fully “functional”, if you could?
- What is it about impotent men that make them more attuned to the needs of their lovers?
Interesting Intimacy Statistics
- 67% of women and 28% of men pretend to climax with a partner.
University of Kansas Study
- 87% of women reported using vocalizations (i.e. “moaning”) to boost their man’s self esteem and “speed things up”.
British University Research Study
- 36% of women living with a same-sex romantic partner in their 40s had been married to a man at some point; among women in their 50s living with another woman, over 50% had left straight married life behind; this percentage jumps to 75% for those age 60 or older.
Analysis of US Census data by Gary Gates, Distinguished Scholar at the Williams Institute
- 68% – 86.5% of postmenopausal women experience sexual dysfunction.
Ambler DR, Bieber EJ, Diamond MP. Sexual function in elderly women: a review of current literature. Reviews of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2012;5(1):16-27
Sample Radio Interviews
This is a recording of Michael’s interview on NPR Front Page with Chuck Mraz WMKY 90.3FM in Morehead, KY
NOTE: to download the MP3 just click the down arrow on the right side of the player.
This is a recording of Michael’s interview on the Larry & Robin Show 1730 WOCA-AM in Ocala, FL.
This is a recording of Michael’s interview with Allen Vaysberg of the School of Human Potential on BBS radio.
This is a recording of Michael’s interview on the Chris Daniel Show 580 KMJ in Fresno, CA.
Here are various headshots of Michael you can use for promoting your interview. Just click on the one you want to see full size (1200 x 1200 pixels) and then right-click that one to save to your computer.